Yesterday, on Thursday May 27, Erik Loef and I delivered a session at the May virtual event of the Microsoft Cloud and Client Management Community. The Microsoft Cloud and Client Management Community is a Belgian community with the following members: Tim de Keukelaere, Wim Matthyssen, Tim Hermie, Ken Goossens, Jasper Bernaers, Peter de Tender, Peter Linders and Micha Wets.
The topic of our session was: “What is this Modern Authentication everyone is talking about, and why you should phase out Legacy authentication”. During this session Erik Loef and I talked about why phasing out Legacy Authentication is a good idea even though Microsoft postponed its decision to phase out legacy authentication for Exchange Online for now.
The presentation is available on my GitHub page for download: MC2MC – Modern Authentication – 27052021.pdf. The session was also recorded, once available I will update this article.
Below are some more links about the topics that were discussed:
- Microsoft is going to disable basic/legacy authentication for Exchange Online. What does that actually mean and does that impact me?
- Did you already modify your Azure AD consent defaults settings? Here is why you should
- Some welcome additions to the Admin consent workflow in Azure AD
- Detect and Remediate Illicit Consent Grants
- Security roadmap – Top priorities for the first 30 days, 90 days, and beyond